Skip to main content

Castle of most famous feudal lord and Udon noodle

 The Japan’s national broadcaster, NHK makes the annual year-long historical drama about one historical person’s life. And the next year’s person is Tokugawa Ieyasu, who was born and a feudal load in our city, Okazaki!


He subjugated the whole nation and established the last feudal military government in Edo (Tokyo at present). His subjugation ended the long disturbances in the country, the government’d kept the peace without wars in 265 years from 1603 to 1868 of the era. The various cultures and arts flourished in the peaceful mood:  Kabuki, Ukiyo-e (woodblock print), Sushi, Tempura and Soba noodle, which is believed as traditional Japanese cultures at present.


My daughter took part in a swimming tournament this day, my son and I went to the castle where Ieyasu was born. The area around the castle is Okazaki Park, the inside of the castle is the museum. 

Okazaki Castle

We stopped by the famous Udon noodle shop called “Taishouan” near the castle. We ordered the No.1 menu; “Morokoshi (corn) Udon”. It has so many corns in the starchy soup, made us so stuffed.

We love it!😋 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English muffin

 I made English muffins for the first time in a while. They contain rye flour and yoghurt. I toast them and put butter or egg salad on them. A few days later, I found the discounted English muffins at a supermarket because of approaching the expiration date. As I wrote before, the English muffins at a supermarket triggered my bread making life, and they are the very English muffins! I bought one package. Both are good. Mine are chewy, and the readymade ones soft and fluffy.