Skip to main content

Beautiful sea and coast! Atsumi Peninsula

 My sister and I went to Cape Irago, the tip of Atsumi Peninsula in Tahara city 2-hours' drive from my hometown, which is located in Mikawa Bey Quasi-national Park.

My sister lives in the nearby city, I picked her up on our way to Tahara city.

There is a cycling road along the coast, bicycle rental is available at the rest shop in the cape.

We rent each bike there, headed for the lighthouse at first, which is selected as one of 50 beautiful lighthouses in Japan.

Then, we headed for the area where you are able to see the picturesque coastal view..., but before enjoying the beautiful scenery, we stopped by the restaurant, "Manpachiya" offering local seafood dishes and had a set lunch of large clams.

Wow! 8cm large clams on the top-right 😋

We got full, let's get started cycling again! 



This is "Hii-no-Sekimon" (sunrise stone gate in the literal translation), erosion has created the large hole in the rock.



A tanker is passing over there....great day.😊 





Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English muffin

 I made English muffins for the first time in a while. They contain rye flour and yoghurt. I toast them and put butter or egg salad on them. A few days later, I found the discounted English muffins at a supermarket because of approaching the expiration date. As I wrote before, the English muffins at a supermarket triggered my bread making life, and they are the very English muffins! I bought one package. Both are good. Mine are chewy, and the readymade ones soft and fluffy.