Skip to main content

Mini ANPAN (sweet bun)

 I made mini sweet red bean paste buns, which we call “Anpan”.


The history of Anpan is old, it was first made 150 years ago in Japan. Sesame or poppy seed is put on the top typically.


The sweet red bean paste, called “Anko” is used for almost every Japanese traditional confectionery.


We can make Anko from dry red beans with sugar by ourselves, this time I bought ready-made Anko at a supermarket and made 6 cm diameter mini Anpan for my kids.




Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English muffin

 I made English muffins for the first time in a while. They contain rye flour and yoghurt. I toast them and put butter or egg salad on them. A few days later, I found the discounted English muffins at a supermarket because of approaching the expiration date. As I wrote before, the English muffins at a supermarket triggered my bread making life, and they are the very English muffins! I bought one package. Both are good. Mine are chewy, and the readymade ones soft and fluffy.