Skip to main content

Fossil digging, Mizunami city (1)

 My kids and I went to Mizunami city in Gifu Prefecture about 1 hour drive on the express way from our hime on the public holiday (It was a working day for my husband, that was too bad…).

Mizunami city is famous for fossils, many fossils have been found there. 

Mizunami fossil museum holds fossil digging, my daughter’d always wanted to do it.

At first, we went to the museum to know a lot more about fossils and applied for digging. Then, we moved to the River Toki where we dug fossils. We brought hummers, chisels and goggles from home as the museum guidance.

We had dug for one and a half hours, but found only plant fossils or parts of shells. Actually, the kids wanted to find rare fossils such as whole shells or shark teeth.



We had just cracked rocks…

Fossil digging was the first time for us, though it was tough, but fun!

I will post Oniiwa park (Demon rock park in the literal translation) near the city in the next blog!


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

English muffin

 I made English muffins for the first time in a while. They contain rye flour and yoghurt. I toast them and put butter or egg salad on them. A few days later, I found the discounted English muffins at a supermarket because of approaching the expiration date. As I wrote before, the English muffins at a supermarket triggered my bread making life, and they are the very English muffins! I bought one package. Both are good. Mine are chewy, and the readymade ones soft and fluffy.